Boughton is a small village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated some 10km east of the small town of Downham Market, 20km south-east of the larger town of King’s Lynn, and 55km west of the city of Norwich. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk.
From early times Boughton consisted of two Manors, Overhall and Netherhall. The two manors already existed in the 10th and 11th centuries and there would certainly have been two manor houses or home farms. However, no trace of the original survive but it is ,perhaps possible, to guess at their original position. As older manor houses became ruined or dilipidated it was usual to rebuild the new buildings on the existing site and this would happen several times over the centuries. It is therefore likely that the manor of Overhall is, today, represented by the buildings of Hall House and Hall Farm, which were originally one property, to the south-west of the pond and the manor of Netherhall represented by Manor Farm House and the farm buildings of Church Farm to the north-east. It is significant that both of these buildings and their farmlands were owned by the Lord of the Manor, until 1919.
Boughton was mentioned in the Domesday book under the old heading Buchetuna.